ASI6416 - CobraNet PCI Sound Card
The ASI6416 is a
professional PCI audio adapter designed for use in the broadcast
and entertainment markets. Using Cirrus Logic’s CobraNet
technology for streaming audio over Ethernet, the ASI6416
provides 8 stereo inputs and outputs. It can be connected to
any CobraNet compliant device.
The ASI6416 is based on the TMS320C6713
floating point DSP connected to a high speed bus-master PCI
interface. AudioScience MRX technology allows up to 16
streams of different formats and sample rates to be played,
recorded and mixed over CobraNet. A choice of 16bit PCM, MP3 or
MPEG layer 2 compression is available on all streams.
AudioScience provides ASIControl, an application that allows
CobraNet routing connections to be setup between the ASI6416 and
any other compliant CobraNet device on the network.
Alternatively, 3rd party CobraNet design and
management software may be used such as CobraCAD from Cirrus
Logic or CobraNet Manager from D&R Electronica B.V.
- 8 stereo 24bit CobraNet inputs and outputs on 100Mbit Ethernet operating at 48kHz
- Eight stereo streams of record and play<
- Formats include PCM16, MPEG layer 2 and MP3
- MRX™ technology supports digital mixing of multiple stream formats and sample rates
- TSX™ timescaling allows compression/expansion of play streams by up to +/-20% with no pitch shift
- Up to 4 cards in one system
- Low Profile PCI card allows use in 2U high rack-mount computers
- Windows 7, XP, Server 2008/2003, and Linux software drivers available
ASI6416 Data Sheet (PDF)
ASI6416 Press Release
Windows WAVE, WDM, and Combo Drivers
Linux HPI and ALSA Drivers