The ASI6544 and ASI6540
professional PCI sound cards designed for use in
radio broadcast automation.
Providing 12 play streams
that are mixed to 4 balanced stereo outputs and 8 record
streams fed from 4 balanced stereo inputs, the ASI6544
and ASI6540 both feature AudioScience’s unique “anything to anywhere” mixing and routing.
The ASI6544 provides
both balanced analog and AES/EBU inputs and outputs. The
ASI6540 has analog I/O only. The
maximum analog input and output level is +24dBu.
A choice of
uncompressed PCM, MPEG layer 2 and MP3 is available for
both recording and playback. All compression is handled
by an on-board floating point DSP, allowing the host
computer to focus on other tasks.
ASI6544 and ASI6540 functionality
includes MRX™ multi-rate mixing technology which allows
streams of different sample rates and formats to be
mixed digitally. TSX™ time scaling allows
compression/expansion of any or all playback streams in
real time with no change in pitch. For emerging
surround sound applications, SSX2™ mode allows
multichannel streams of up to
8 channels to be played, recorded and mixed.
- 4 or 12 stereo streams of playback into 4 stereo outputs
- 4 or 8 stereo streams of record from 4 stereo inputs
- PCM, MPEG-L2 and MP3 formats with sample rates to 96kHz
- MRX™ technology supports mixing of multiple formats and sample rates
- TSX™ time scaling by up to +/-20%
- SSX2™ mode for multichannel record, playback and mixing
- Balanced stereo analog I/O with levels to +24dBu
- 24bit ADC and DAC with 110dB SNR and 0.0015% THD+N
- AES/EBU I/O with sample rate converters on all inputs (ASI6544 only)
- Dedicated AES/ABU and Word clock Sync input (ASI6544 only)
- SoundGuard™ transient voltage suppression on all I/O
- Sort length PCI card format (6.6 inches/168mm)
- Up to 4 cards in one system
- Windows 7, 8, Server 2008/2012 and Linux software drivers available
Windows Combo Driver
Linux HPI and ALSA Drivers