The ASI6514 and ASI6518
professional PCI sound cards designed for use in
radio broadcast automation.
Providing up to 16 play streams
that are mixed to 4 (ASI6514) or 8 (ASI6518) balanced stereo outputs and up to 2 record
streams fed from one balanced stereo input, the
ASI6514 and ASI6518 feature AudioScience’s unique “anything to anywhere” mixing and routing.
The ASI6514 and ASI6518 provides
both balanced analog and AES/EBU inputs and outputs. The
maximum analog input and output level is +24dBu.
A choice of
uncompressed PCM, MPEG layer 2 and MP3 is available for
both recording and playback. All compression is handled
by an on-board floating point DSP, allowing the host
computer to focus on other tasks.
ASI6514 and ASI6518 functionality
includes MRX™ multi-rate mixing technology which allows
streams of different sample-rates and formats to be
mixed digitally. TSX™ time scaling allows
compression/expansion of any or all playback streams in
real time with no change in pitch. For emerging surround
sound applications, SSX2™ mode allows multichannel
streams of up to
8 channels to be played and mixed.
- 4/12 stereo streams of playback into 4 stereo outputs (ASI6514)
- 8/16 stereo streams of playback into 8 stereo outputs (ASI6518)
- 1/2 stereo streams of record from 1 stereo input
- PCM, MPEG-L2 and MP3 formats with sample rates to 96kHz
- MRX™ technology supports mixing of multiple formats and sample rates
- TSX™ time scaling by up to +/-20%
- SSX2™ mode for multichannel playback and mixing
- Balanced stereo analog I/O with levels to +24dBu
- 24bit ADC and DAC with 110dB SNR and 0.0015% THD+N
- AES/EBU I/O with sample rate converters on all inputs
- Dedicated AES/EBU and Word clock Sync input
- SoundGuard™ transient voltage suppression on all I/O
- Short length PCI card format (6.6 inches/168mm)
- Up to 4 cards in one system
- Windows 7, XP, Server 2008/2003, and Linux software drivers available
Windows WAVE, WDM, and Combo Drivers
Linux HPI and ALSA Drivers